About Me

My photo
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

Monday, May 4, 2015

China Chronicle 1- How did it all started

For quite some time, I was being told by my management to visit Chinese suppliers especially heat treaters, coating suppliers & my company's China plant. But at times it turned out to be travel cost reduction or effective use of money being spent on my trip or non availability of Visa on time ....the trip got delayed for several reasons.

I too was not so willing to let it happen quickly....as there always have been some anxiety abt travelling in China at back of my mind. I was just letting it roll on its own.

Finally, I had to give in. After lot of deliberation I got my itinerary fixed just one day prior to my departure.
Meanwhile everyone was helping to raise my anxiety by sharing spoonful of advice & some culinary experiences in China they have "heard"...which included "Monkey Eyes" and that scared me most....

I don't know why, but I always feared travelling in China alone. May be because of language barrier or may be what I had read abt Chinese armed forces when I visited tibetan Monastery in McLeod Ganj last year or may be due to recent incidences on border.

Only my brother in law was da one person who at first instance told me that I would just enjoy the food.

My mother was more anxious than me. As I was travelling alone. She told me abt a cousin of mine living in Shanghai, whom I had met when we were kids. So I was supposed to call his parents and take their advice and try to talk to him. Frankly, I might not have done this, but my anxiety made me contact them and it turned out to be one of the most wise thing I did before landing in China.
Only person who stood rock solid alongside thru all this anxiety was Amod, he just kept my morals high.

So finally, here I was anxious, worried but all enthu for the roller coaster to start, with closed eyes and praying heart.

No comments:

Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.