About Me

My photo
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Year 2007 till date....

Year 2007 is proving to be one of the best years in my professional career till date. Year started with my new Job assignment in Cummins IPO, which I was aspiring to take since May 2006.

This new assignment was then followed with a Cummins India ABO Chairman's Award for my contribution in Accelearated Cost Efficiency project on exhaust and intake valves. (for which I worked for when I was in Metallurgical Lab).

Hardly month or two must have passed, the Big Award was waiting for me on the way. Cummins Inc, Chairman's Qaulity Award for Best project in 2005 in Design For Six Sigma stream, was awarded to Camshaft Durability Improvement Project, in which I was a team member. Chetan Prabhu was leading the team. Last week Chetan arranged to give away the award to all team members at the hands of CIL Chairman, Mr. Anant Talaulicar.

I worked in Metallurgical Lab for almost 3.5 years and bagged 3 Chairman's awards in this period. This was my first job after engineering graduation. I was new to professional work culture when I joined Cummins metallurgical lab, but could do well. I feel good about this.

Then that big thing happened. I got recognition as ASQ - Certified Quality Engineer. I could clear this exam in first attempt and I got a mail from Mr. John Wolfe, Quality Director at Cummins Inc., congratulating me on my achievement.

American Society for Qaulity conducts this exam and is one of the toughest exam in Quality functional excellence. Getting this certification will definitely enrich my Quality functional excellence.

In my school / college life, I never stood first in any exams. I was an above average student, though everybody else considered me as an outstanding student. In my work life also I was considered as an average employee. But these three awards in three years and ASQ-CQE recognition have helped me boost my confidence, helped me prove myself.

These were all my professional achievements in year 2007 which makes this year memorable one in my professional career.

2 comments:

Rahee Amit said...

Ruta!Blog wachun khup proud watala. tuza khup abhinanda! tu sagalya achievements baddal weloweli mail karates, pan sagala ekatra wachayala khupach chan watala.
keep up good work!:)
congrats again!
-Rahee

Unknown said...

ekatra sagale wachun khup chan watale. ashich pragati karat raha. tuza aamhala abhiman aahe. wish you all the best.

aai, baba, sayali

Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.